Saturday, February 5, 2011

“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation. With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation." -- Isaiah 12:2-3
A weight lifter is strong... so is a marathon runner. An entertainer can sing... so does a song bird. Each of these comparisons is similar and different. One has strength for the moment and the other for the long run. One has a song for a night and the other continuously. Which do we need for the journey of life?
As we draw water from the wells of salvation, we find a never ending resource. There is a strength that carries us through every mile and a song that wells up every moment. When God is our salvation the heart overflows with abundance. In the Lord we have far more than a moment in time; we have all that we need for the journey of life.
The thought for today is "I will trust and not be afraid". When we have God as our salvation we have all that we need and so much more my friend. So, rather than fear, trust with all your heart and joyfully draw water from the bottomless well of salvation. God alone is the strength and song for the longest journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment