Wednesday, November 17, 2010

“I will not enter my house or go to my bed, I will allow no sleep to my eyes or slumber to my eyelids, till I find a place for the LORD, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob.” -- Psalm 132:3-5
I well remember the days, weeks and months that my parents spent checking on the building of our new house. They would stay up late from night to night rechecking the design and progress. My folks sacrificed a lot to have a well built home for our family. But then again, they were devoted to more than a house.
More importantly, David was determined to build a house of worship for the LORD. He knew that such a task called for great sacrifice and he was willing to give his all for the temple of God. His sleep was of little importance in comparison to this great work. But then again, he was devoted to more than a temple.
How much do you give of yourself for the house of God my friend? Do you believe that a place of worship for the LORD is important enough to sacrifice your time, talent and treasure? Are you willing to give up certain pleasures and rest to build or maintain a building where Jesus is lifted up, proclaimed and praised? The question is; where is your devotion?

No comments:

Post a Comment