Friday, May 14, 2010

"Your sons will take the place of your fathers; you will make them princes throughout the land." - Psalm 45:16
Today, my son Joel will graduate from Bible College with a major in church planting. His brother Jeremy graduated from the same school four years ago and now serves as an associate pastor. As I have served the Lord in my generation, I am blessed to see my sons doing the same in theirs. When the race is run there is no greater joy and fulfillment than to see your children take your place in the spiritual race. 
This Psalm is a Messianic Psalm and it gives great light to the coming kingdom of Christ. This wedding Psalm points to the marriage of the Lamb and the expected blessings that will follow. As the day will come when the sons of God will be princes in the land, so today, those who are faithful children of God are the future hope of their parents. Sons will take the place of fathers.
Only the Lord can make children of God who will be princes in the land. But we are given the privilege to come alongside and raise them in spiritual nurture and admonition. Don't live your life for yourself or for today alone. Give your children the very best quality time my friend, for they are destined to take your place in the race.

To my son Joel I say... Congratulations. Stay the course and run the race that is set before you... keeping your eyes on Jesus and finish strong!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment