Friday, December 25, 2009

"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life." - Proverbs 31: 10-12
Today is a day of giving. The gifts around the tree speak of love for one another, yet there are other gifts that far outshine anything purchased and wrapped in sparkling paper. The greatest gift that I ever received was a personal relationship with my Lord Jesus, and that's what Christmas is really all about. My life is rich beyond belief because of the love of God and... the love of my amazing wife. I rise and call her blessed.
I look around this morning and see a beautiful home so well decorated for the season. I smell the incredible odors of great food being prepared for a Christmas feast. Then I see the faces of our two sons and daughter that beam with joy and laughter. And as I consider this and so much more, there is no question...I lack nothing of value because, after Jesus, my greatest gift is a wife of noble character named Jayne. On this Christmas morn, with a heart overflowing with love and gratitude, I rise and call her blessed. 
You see, Christmas is all about God's love for people and because of that love our marriages and families are richer than anything the world could offer. Christmas is about relationships and their great value. You may not have a wife or husband today, but look around and see those who love you and be filled with joy and thanksgiving. Be blessed with the Love of Jesus and the love of others this Christmas morn.

No comments:

Post a Comment