Saturday, December 5, 2009

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16
"Your time is up! Please put your pencils down." Oh how I hated to hear those words when I had more to write on a timed exam. There are many of us that believe there will always be more time to finish the work. We often have great ideas about how to do it, write it or say it... but later. Yet, there comes a time for all of us when we have to put our pencils down and our great ideas remain unrealized.
Our God-created lives are timed experiences. The Lord created us with profound purpose as he carefully knit us together in the womb. In the process he ordained all the days of our lives and wrote them in his book. The days and years will slip away until suddenly, without warning... "Your time is up! Please put your pencils down."
Do you understand and appreciate your God-given potential for this life? Are you aware that you have only so many days to accomplish his purpose? He won't call you home too early or too late, but your time is approaching. Yesterday is spent and tomorrow may never come; so today is all you have to live for God's glory. Make the very best of today for Jesus' sake, before "Your time is up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment