Friday, November 13, 2009

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning." - Psalm 130:5-6 (NIV)
I think that over half of my life has been spent waiting. I have waited for people to arrive for appointments, dinners, church services, weddings and yes, even funerals. I would like to believe that my patience has increased exponentially, but sad to say, I still grow weary of the lateness of others. I know they will eventually arrive, so with hopeful anticipation... I wait.
The psalmist, in the midst of great troubles, waited for the Lord to redeem Israel. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months and months turned into years. But, he waited for the Lord "more than watchmen wait for the morning". He knew that "with the Lord is unfailing love" (verse 7) therefore in hope... he waited.
How long have you waited my friend? Have your trials, pains, hardships and struggles been overwhelming? It has been said that God is never late. His Word and the experiences of His people testify to this fact. Be sure of this; the morning will come. Every night leads into morning, therefore in hope... wait for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment